The State Fair Community College Athletic Hall of Fame is established to enhance college tradition and to pay tribute to former SFCC athletes, coaches and friends of the athletic department for their outstanding athletic achievement, contributions and positive impact on the SFCC athletic program.
Nominations are accepted throughout the year; the deadline for each class is Oct. 1. Any nominations received after Oct. 1 will be considered for the next class.
Download the SFCC Hall of Fame Nomination Form or submit your nomination online by filling out the form below.
A candidate in order to qualify must be ranked in one of the following categories:
- Student/Athletes must have been an outstanding performer in one or more varsity sports at SFCC.
- Student/Athlete achievements must be of such an outstanding nature that there is no question as to candidate’s induction. Considerations for achievement may include All-American status, individual records, outstanding success after leaving State Fair Community College, and special contributions to society outside of athletics.
- Athletes are eligible a minimum of five (5) years after last year/season of intercollegiate competition.
- Athletes must have been a SFCC graduate or left the college in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 grade point average). In addition, athletes must have exhibited good character, sportsmanship, leadership and citizenship while representing State Fair Community College; continued to be an exemplary member of their community since leaving State Fair Community College.
- Once nominated, an athlete will be eligible for selection for three consecutive years. If not elected during that period, the candidate must be re-nominated.
- An entire team may be inducted only if it won a National Championship.
- A nominee must have been an outstanding coach at SFCC for five (5) years or more.
- Coaching achievements must be of such outstanding nature that there is no questionas to candidate’s induction. Considerations for achievement may include won-lost record, the length of coaching career, concern for the welfare of student-athletes, outstanding achievements after leaving State Fair Community College, special contributions to society outside of athletics. In addition, coaches must have exhibited good character, sportsmanship, leadership and citizenship while representing State Fair Community College, and continued to be an exemplary member of their community since leaving State Fair Community College.
- Coaches are eligible a minimum of five (5) years after last year/season of intercollegiate competition.
- Once nominated, a coach will be eligible for selection for three consecutive years. If not elected during that period, the candidate must be re-nominated.
- Nominees should have made significant contributions of time, expertise and/orresources to SFCC athletics, enhancing the experience of student-athletes throughtheir support.
- Nominees shall have volunteered their time, expertise or resources for a minimum of three (3) years. Nominees may currently be athletic supporters. In addition, nomineesmust have demonstrated the qualities of good character and citizenship.
- A nominee need not be a student, graduate or former employee of State Fair Community College.
- An honoree may be inducted posthumously.
Hall of Fame Committee members, alumni, former athletes and coaches, college employees or officials, SFCC retirees, Booster Club members or members of the community may make nominations to the Hall of Fame. Completed nomination forms should be submitted to the Athletic Director. Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. Oct. 1. Any nominations received after Oct. 1 will be considered for the next class.
Hall of Fame Selection Committee
The Vice President of Educational Services shall appoint the Hall of Fame Selection Committee members. Some members will be permanent members of the committee; the remaining will serve three-year terms. The five- to seven-member committee will becomprised of the following:
- SFCC Vice President of Educational Services (permanent member).
- SFCC Athletic Director (permanent member).
- SFCC Board of Trustees member (appointed by the board for three-year term).
- SFCC Booster Club Designee (three-year term).
- At least one SFCC Faculty Member (three-year term).
- At least one at large community member, who may or may not be Booster Clubmembers (three-year term).
- The Hall of Fame’s committee will be sent a copy of personal information of the eligible nominated candidates.
- The committee will select no more than three (3) inductees in a single calendar year, except for the first year, when up to six (6) inductees will be chosen.
- Selection committee must vote for at least one-half of the eligible nominated candidates.
- A candidate must receive a minimum of two-thirds of the votes for induction.
- All ballots must be counted by the Committee President at a scheduled committee meeting.
- All members must be present to vote.
- Nominees who received two-thirds of the votes and one of the three highest scores (six in the first year) will be inducted for that year. Selections should bebased solely on merit.
- All approved inductees will be submitted by the Director of Athletics to the office of the President for final approval.
- Any nominees (student/athlete, coach, friends of athletics) not voted for induction into the Hall of Fame during the year of her/his nomination will remain inconsideration for three (3) additional years following their nomination. After that period, the candidate must be re-nominated for consideration.
- By a majority vote of the committee, the State Fair Community College Athletic Hall of Fame Selection Committee may recommend to the college’s Executive Leadership Team a change in requirements for election to the Hall. If approved, any changes to the criteria or process only will be effective for the next year’s selection process.
- The induction into the Hall of Fame’s will take place at the State Fair Community College Roadrunner Sports Banquet in the spring of each year.
- A plaque will be displayed in the Fred E. Davis Multipurpose Building Hall of Fame’s Wall for permanent display.
- A miniature replica plaque will be presented to each recipient.
Removal from Wall of Fame
Name removal from the Wall of Fame due to legal impropriety or other dishonoring acts shall be decided by the College Board of Trustees.
This process and program will be reviewed annually by the Athletic Department and the SFCC Executive Leadership Team.
Submit nominations and supporting documents such as copies of newspaper clippings, documents and photos to: State Fair Community College, Attn: Director of Athletics, Hall of Fame’s Induction Committee, 3201 West 16th Street, Sedalia, MO 65301.